Friday, August 2, 2013

Happy 6 Years to Us!

Wow, one more year flew by! We have crossed some serious milestones this year. All three of you are now sitting with us in Big Church and are no longer required to wear name tags of any kind when in our church. This is huge! We have also had the birds and the bees conversation with each of you in varying degrees but with much the same responses of silent awkwardness. You are all able to keep up with the adults on a family bike ride and we are very close to enjoying the same movies, although your dad is closer to this than I am. And let's not forget you have become aunts and uncle to Lucy this year! I think you are enjoying the switch of not being the youngest ones in the family even though this translates sometimes to being squished in the way back of the Sequoia to make room for her car seat upfront when she is with us.

I have loved the 6 years of memories that we have made together, every single one. I'm so glad that I have been your mom to cheer you when you made the volley ball team and just be with you when you didn't. I'm so glad to have been the one to start you reading on Frog and Toad, to teach you how to write in cursive and to help you come up with introductory sentences for the papers that you are now required to write. The love of reading and writing I am still waiting on, but I'm hopeful!

My favorite thing by far has been to introduce you and teach you about Jesus and see you grow to love him more everyday. This was His whole idea that He planned before the beginning of time, for me to be your mom and for Daddy to be your Dad. I pray that you will love Jesus with your whole heart and that you will know that He loves you more than you will ever know.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. Ephesians 3:16-18.


No comments:

Post a Comment