Friday, July 27, 2012

A Squirmy Fuzzy Worm

This past Monday we celebrated 5 years since we adopted our three youngest children.Somehow I almost missed our special day. Thankfully Eric brought it to my attention and suggested we do something to commemorate the day 5 years ago when our lives were changed forever. That took the form of taking the kids to Hobby Lobby and coming home with an eyeball, and brain, not real, to soak in water so they would grow, a squirmy fuzzy worm, again not real, and a kitchen chemistry set, real.

In a way, I am not surprised that I almost missed the milestone. God in his grace gave us one day at a time and next thing I knew, it had been 5 years!  This weekend, while listening to my youngest read Stuart Little (not an easy book to read for an 8 yr. old in my opinion) and review addition flashcards, I had to marvel at how much she has grown, how much she has learned and how very much I love her. Becoming a family happened inexplicably really. 5 years ago, we began a journey together, every day getting to know each other, little by little trusting each other and growing to love each other.  God bound our hearts together in a way that only He can do. Adoption was his idea to begin with and He adopted even more kids than we did!

He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to  Himself, according to the kind intention of His will. Ephesians 1:5

I'm so glad He adopted me and I am so glad that we adopted our children. While the journey has not been easy, it is glorious. We have God himself guiding us everyday. We give glory to God alone for the past five years and for every year to come.











No comments:

Post a Comment